- In September 2015, the UN adopted the 2030 agenda for sustainable Development with 17 Sustainable Development Goals(SDG). Goal 6 is dedicated for ensuring access to water and sanitation for all.
Gostu Gad Watershed Management Meeting
Climate Change Surveys
- Base line Survey in 06 villages of project area conducted by the HNB Garhwal University research team in January 2019,
- To know the impacts of Climate change on environment, natural resources and local livelihood.
- To identify the need of the local people and their issues series of consultation conducted. Secondary data from the Govt. Offices from New Tehri are collected.
- To identify the ground realities and needs of the local villagers personal Interviews are conducted at village level.
- Primary data at household level covering 30% households from each village collected through using sample survey techniques.
- Local Panchayat representatives, rural Women folks, activists, social workers old age people, retired persons from government service and ex- army personals approached to know the local situation and detailed interview also conducted during the survey.
- Existing policies and legal frameworks in the context of small holder agriculture need to be strengthened to address climate change risks in Uttarakhand hill state.
Base line Suvey conducted
Disaster risk reduction, Ecosystem resilience and to achieve sustainable development goals are the main thrust area of the mountain villages.
All villages need integrated sustainable development activities so that they can reduce drudgery of women and check migration from the villages.
There is a lack of awareness regarding the centre and state Govt. sponsored programme and villagers are not able to take benefit from the schemes. There is an urgent need of long term sustainable development and environment conservation, Livelihood promotion and disaster free planning and programme.
Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction
Natural resource Management
Most smallholder farming areas of mountain villages have low soil fertility and receiving erratic pattern of rainfall.
Building capacities of small and marginal farmers specially women through different climate resilient models.
Uttarakhand needs to manage its substantial climate risks and chart a climate resilient growth path for near future.
Natural Resources Conservation - Use of Technology
Enabling Poor Small and Marginal Farmers to overcome poverty in Takoli Gad and Dagar Gad area in Kirtinagar Block of District Tehri Garhwal of Uttarakhand
Poverty eradication efforts
What are our main thrust area
Natural resource management,
Education & health,
Mountains people sustainability,
Women empowerment, livelihood promotion,
Policy advocacy for livable cities,
Building Capacity & skills of local people,
Eco – cities, creating & Empowering community based institutions & organizations.
DKD was established in 1973 at Raini village of District Chamoli by a youth force of CHIPKO movement in Garhwal.The organization was awarded Indira Priyadarshini Virakcha Mitra Purushkar from Ministry of Environment & forest in the year 1987.