Daliyon ka Dagriya
an environmental Organization- Daliyon ka Dagriya (DKD), Srinagar (Garhwal) Uttarakhand, India
– is not for profit, Non government organization (NGO) which was founded in 1973 at Raini village of District Chamoli when CHIPKO Movement started at District Chamoli.
A Youth wing of CHIPKO movement decides to form informal organization called
Daliyon Ka Dagriya DKD (The Friends of Trees).
DKD working with mountain people since last 40 years as a mountain manager in the different villages of central Himalayan region and covered more than 250 villages with direct intervention.
Field level work for community in different groups
International Level Affiliation
- TDH Germany
- Active Aid Sweden
- Natural Resource Institute, Manitoba, Canada
- OXFAM Hong kong
- Resource Centre for Primary Health Care(RECPHEC), Nepal
- Work for Better Bangladesh, Bangladesh
- Frekorpset Norway(FK), Oslo, Norway
- OXFAM, India, Luckhnow
- SPWD, New Delhi
- CAPART, Lucknow
- Directorate of Culture, Govt. of India
- NOVB, Gurgaon, Ministry of Agriculture
- UNICEF, Lucknow, U.P.
- Center for Environment Education (CEE), North Lucknow
- Indian National Social Action Forum (INSAF) – Delhi
- NABARD, Dehradun
- CASA, Dehradun
- DRDA, Pauri
- DRDA, Tehri
- SEWA – THDC, Rishikesh
- Swajal, Pauri
- CDO, Pauri
- Himalayan Action and Research Ceneter (HARC), Dehradun
- Christian Auxiliary for Social Action (CASA), Dehradun
- People’s Science Institute, Dehradun
- HESCO, Dehradun
- Aman, Uttarakhand
- Central Soil and Water Research & Training Institute, Dehradun
- All India Radio center-Nazimabad
Operational Strategy of DKD
Enhancing the active participation of the local people in the development process.
- Special approaches and programmes for women according to their aspirations felt needs and stated priorities.
- Empowering the community institutions on the basis of economic, social and gender equity.
- Natural Resource Management and enhance livelihood through holistic approach.
- Developing and dissemination of eco – friendly and low cost rural technologies.
- Policy advocacy
- Research and Survey
- Natural resource management and Livelihood Promotion
- Watershed management
- Women empowerment
- Science and technology interventions
- Environment Conservation
- Education and primary health
- Policy Advocacy
- Livable City
" Daliyon ka Dagriya has an amazing team of hard working professionals. It has been a pleasure to meet them.”
Ms. Reshma Shakya
FK South-South Volunteer Exchange Program, FK Norway
for Daliyon Ka Dagriya (DKD), India
Home Organization: Resource Centre for Primary Health Care (RECPHEC), Nepal